Thursday, December 14, 2017

Nobody Asked Me, But...

Nobody Asked Me But is my periodic tribute to the great, olde New York sportswriter, Jimmy Cannon. Cannon would write one of the columns of miscellany when he had nothing else to write about.

Nobody asked me, but....

...the best thing about eating barbecue in Kansas City isn't the food. It's that the other patrons in the restaurant make you feel thin...

...I'm not ready to have people ask me about my grandchildren...

....I would rather shave with a cheese grater than watch a Gary Vaynerchuk video.... 

....I don't trust anyone who expresses their opinion with absolute certitude. Most things are open to debate....

....While most things are open to debate, I believe in the maxim 'you're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own set of facts'....

We're supposed to see hope in Roy Moore's defeat in Alabama. But nearly half the voters voted for a child molester, a racist, and a doctrinaire theocrat....

....I don't care for Uber drivers who talk too much....

....The fact is, I don't care for anyone who talks too much....

...I love my therapist of 22 years....

...But in those 22 years, I think he's been on time six times....

...It appears my agency will have no holiday party this year....

....I see this as a good thing....

....Most companies have people move desks every 18 months or so, just to make you think management is paying attention....

...They're not paying attention...

....And if they are, they'd know that moving people around doesn't solve anything....

....When you're in a barbecue place in Kansas City, go for it. It makes no sense to be delicate....

....I ordered two Hamm's beers last night because I liked their commercials when I was a kid....

....That won't show up on any marketing plan...

































No comments: