Thursday, July 5, 2018

Nobody asked me but....Independence Day edition.

Nobody asked me but ... is my periodic tribute to the surpassing sportswriter Jimmy Cannon. When Cannon had nothing to write about, he'd write one of these.

Nobody asked me but...

...I'm not in the market for a new mattress or a new car or a new dining room set, but there's no way I'd ever go to a 4th of July Saletravaganza...

...In fact, I'm likely never to shop anywhere that decorates with balloons and bunting...

...Since most of our secular holidays seem to be about long-weekends, I'm kinda surprised the 4th is still on the 4th...

...Matthew Kneale's new book "A History of Rome in Seven Sackings," isn't a bad book to consider, especially if you think Trump and Trumpism spells doom to our democratic republic...

...To date, Rome's lasted 3,000 years and have been overrun by Gauls, Goths, Visigoths, Nazis and more...

...I never trust a politician who says he's "focused on the Bronx"....

...Especially if it appears he's never been to the Bronx...

....By the way, it's called the Bronx, not just Bronx because it was named after Jonas Bronck...

...So it's like saying, we're going to the Tannenbaum's...

...I think the great technological advance of our modern age is EZ-Pass....

....It's the only modern thing I can think of that's actually made life better....

...Though I miss paying the toll of the car behind me....


...Maybe in the era of global warming, our offices should close when it's over 100-degrees out...

...That said, thanks for reading. And I'm off for work...






No comments: