Monday, May 13, 2013

Nancy.

On this day six years ago my sister died.

She died in a motorcycle crash on the West Side Highway--12th Avenue, early one morning.

A drunk ran across the road against the light.

Nancy swerved to avoid him.

And she tumbled with the bike tumbling on top of her.

She was a small girl on a big bike. A Ducati Monster.

The drunk had the temerity to try to sue us.

That's the way the world works now.

You kill someone and then sue them because you broke your leg.

Nancy has been gone six years.

She never got to see my older daughter get her Master's on her way to her Doctorate.

She never got to see my younger daughter travel the world and dive the seas.

She never got to do a lot of things a person should get to do.

I have been mourning her for six years.

I will for the rest of my life.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Effective ERP solutions assist you with this purpose. I'm confident enough to, however, notice you what which it may do relating to your needs.

Stop by my site :: agencja detektywistyczna