1. I will never, never click on any article whose title starts with a number. Such articles are all a waste of time.
2. I will not watch an advertising-related video that is over 1-minute long. Such videos are all a waste of time.
3. I will not view any agency self-promotion videos. Such videos are all a waste of time.
4. I will not view any personal self-promotion materials. Show me your work instead.
5. I won't come into work when I don't feel well. They will survive without me.
1. I will continue to believe that good copy can solve most communications problems.
2. I will say "no," to agency people and clients more often. It's good for all involved.
3. I will try to get briefs down to one sentence, not just one page.
4. I will attempt to keep an open mind about "social media strategists," but I'm not optimistic.
5. I will try to take an hour at lunch, to eat at leisure, take a walk, or god-forbid, read a book.