Thursday, September 28, 2017

Five minutes with our CBO.

AD AGED: So you're a CBO. What does that stand for, Chief Business Officer?

CBO: Oh, nothing so prosaic as that. My role is much more nuanced and important.

AD AGED: Please elaborate.

CBO: My exact title is Chief Brilliant Officer.

AD AGED: And what is it that you, as Chief Brilliant Officer, do?


CBO: Well, it's simple really. I spring into action when others of the C-suite are working. If someone "above" me says something, my job is simple.

AD AGED: More specifics, please. 

CBO: Say it's a tough, late-night pitch meeting and the CEO says something like "I think we should do a commercial with dancing clowns." My job as CBO is crystal clear. I say "brilliant."

AD AGED: You say brilliant.

CBO: If someone says, "does anyone want to take a coffee break," I say "brilliant." If someone above me presents a media strategy or some creative, I say "brilliant."

AD AGED: Our time is nearly up. Anything else?

CBO: Yes, if the situation is really dire, that's when I really earn my keep.

AD AGED: Yes...

CBO: That's when I say "brilliant," but with an English accent.

AD AGED: Brilliant.


CBO: Cheers.



No comments: