Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Clouds along the Hudson.

For the first time in a long time, I'm having trouble getting ads through the system, through my (wonderful) clients and out the door.

I don't think I've personally suffered a qualitative slide. I think it's one of those things that even the great DiMaggio or the Splendid Splinter, Ted Williams, now and again suffered. That is a prolonged period at the plate where line-drives that used to elude fielders, or seeing-eye grounders hit safely for a single, are instead gobbled-up by sure-handed glovemen.

One bit of copy I've been working on since October. Yet a polished, fully-written comp sits between me and my art-director, and we pass it every morning when we arrive, and mourn, a bit, I suppose like seeing the Madona.  Another bit, I've been working on, again futilely, even longer, the copy prisoner of pixelized perseveration--never leaving the script or the page.

Challenging times demand action. And to that end, I have created for all who seek copy from me, the Loyalty Card below.

Let's get these ads produced!



No comments: