Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Nobody asked me but....(Out like a lamb edition.)

Nobody Asked Me But is my periodic tribute to the great New York sportswriter, Jimmy Cannon, who would write one of these pieces when he had nothing to write about.

Nobody asked me but....

...Facebook's ad asserting its commitment to privacy and security was about as convincing as a press-conference by Sarah Sanders.


....If you download the information Facebook has on you, you're bound to be upset.

....It all makes me long for the days when you paid money to subscribe to something, rather than having your personal data brokered.

....If you want to read a good book about what's going on in America today, read Barbara Tuchman's "March of Folly."

....It was written in 1984.

....Brilliant historians, like Tuchman, not only see the past, they foretell the future.

....Of all the wonderful things that I've experienced in March, the highlight will be my eldest daughter coming home for Passover this weekend.

....My skin crawls whenever I hear a right-wing spokesperson call the Democratic party the Democrat party.

...I know there's a strategy behind this semantic ruse, but I can't figure it out.

....The 7,000 shoes on the lawn adjacent to the White House representing kids lost to gun violence is a brilliant symbol.

....Whatever the state of the world, baseball season starts in about a week.

....And right now, every team is tied for first place.

....which is as it should be.


No comments: