Thursday, January 31, 2019

Ten conundra.

Conundra. The proper plural of conundrum. 

Yeah, I know I'm a pain in the ass, and for too many years as a youth, I had too much Latin beaten into me by too many stern and humorless teachers. That said, Latin helped me find joy in language, inspired me if you want to get all deep-dish about it, to become a logophile. Ergo, this short list of annoying, yes, conundra.

1.
Why is it that companies that hire change-agents usually fire those change-agents for changing things too much?

2.
Does it seem that first thing agencies usually tell copywriters is that no one reads copy anymore?

3.
How come the people most in favor of having open offices have a proper office?

4.
If I ever tell anyone to Slack me, it’s because I’m not on Slack.

5.
Why is it that the people most in need of a beating up are always enormous?

6.
Or the people who are too busy to work on something always get in at 10:30?

7.
Why do we have to pay our full taxes this year if we didn’t have a full government this year?

8.
Doesn’t it seem that the people with the least to say take the most words to say it?

9.
Being agile is not the same thing as being good.

10.
The more words in a brief, the less information it contains.




-->

No comments: