Friday, June 29, 2007

iTold you so.

A few posts ago in The iPhone, will it be for U? I asked if the iPhone will be on brand for Apple. This morning I came across a story in the NY Times with this headline: "Chiefs Defend Slow Network for the iPhone." At least at its inception, the iPhone will run on AT&T's older, slower network. The article states: "Early reviews of the iPhone, while positive, have faulted the slower network because it will limit the palm-size wireless computer’s greatest strength — making the Internet easily accessible on the go."

Of course, this news lead AT&T chief executive Randall L. Stephenson to sound like a twelve-star general during the Viet Nam war. “It doesn’t concern me,” he said. Perhaps "It doesn't concern me" should be AT&T's new tagline. It's certainly their positioning.

This is bad news for Apple. It reflects a lack of customer focus. Which is fatal. Bad. Off-brand.

And as they used to say in Maoist China, "When you sleep with dogs, you wake up with fleas."

3 comments:

Moda di Magno said...

I'm posting from my new iPhone, surfing on my home wifi is pretty zippy - I'm thrilled with any ability to use Google maps from the car (even on the Edge network.) iPhone shouts out all available wifi networks as you pass by, so you may not have to spend much time on Edge at all. I am totally digging the new toy!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

Generic gasex Canadian ophthacare Drug cozaar Pharmacy vicodin es Side-effects pepcid Buy serevent