Friday, October 8, 2010

They get it right.

Steve Jobs, you'd have to say, is the greatest marketer of the last thirty or so years and early this morning I just got another example of his prowess.

My Mac's hard drive died. So I went, more than a little agitated, to the Apple Store near me for help. I got more pissed when, at 6:30 in the morning they said I needed an appointment. Fuck heads, I said to myself, this is a mechanical problem--your problem-- that you're making me pay for. I was getting angrier.

Finally, about 30 minutes later, I got to see both a genius and Job's genius. When I turned my machine over for them to keep and repair, the Apple technician said to me, "I'll take care of your baby."

Wow.

He understands, he gets it, what my computer means to me. All my anger, agitation and animus disappeared with that one simpatico sentence.

The the ability to have your workforce speak the language of your brand not just mouth the words is an amazing feat.

The kind of feat that keeps customers coming back.

No comments: