Wednesday, September 19, 2012

A 10-second video billboard.

I've been asked by one of my account people (whom I hereby dub 'the princess of pain') to look at some "video billboards" that come to us from the networks as "value add" for having spent media dollars.

"What do these need to say?" I asked her.

She replied, "Ron and I are developing a creative POV."

Writing these 10-second static billboards is not way up in the pantheon of challenges. Almost 30 years ago, before I had any experience in the business, I had to do a bunch of these. That was a good thing. It helped me learn to time words.

Today, of course, there are no juniors left. And people who make good money come up with things called "creative POVs."

Back to the 10-second billboard.

We don't need a POV.

We need some actual words.

They took about 10 seconds to write.



1 comment:

Tore Claesson said...

how do you put 10 seconds on the timesheet?