Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Meetings. All day.

I made it through a day of fair excruciation.

That might not be a word, but you get the point.

I don't know who decided to build office parks in the middle of nowhere
then have the temerity to call a glass rectangle amid parking lots a park.

I don't know who decided the human brain can function after being
beaten by powerpoint.

And what's powerpoint anyway?

Who has the power and what's the point?

My point is, I'm drained.

I'm supposed to see friends tonight, people from my past
but all I really want to do is curl up with a good Myrna Loy movie.

BTW, I don't think Myrna Loy or any wise-cracking film ingenue
would stand for a day of meetings like this.

She'd say, "Listen, Buster. What you have to say doesn't amount to a hill of beans."
And then she'd sashay out and have eleven martinis.

Me, I'll eschew the martinis.

I've got another day of this tomorrow.

No comments: