Thursday, October 22, 2015

Five minutes with our CGHDO.

Ad Aged:         CGHDO? I don’t recognize that acronym. Tell me what does it stand for?

CGHDO:         CGHDO? Didn’t I answer that question yesterday? CGHDO is Chief Ground Hogs’    Day Officer.

Ad Aged:         So what is it that a CGHDO does?

CGHDO:          Didn’t I answer that question yesterday?

Ad Aged:         Not that I’m aware of.

CGHDO:        As I said yesterday, I make sure nothing changes. Particularly nothing asinine. 
In fact the loonier it is, the more I make sure we keep doing it.

Ad Aged:        Give me an example.

CGHDO:       Well, let’s say an ad is due to release at noon.
                        I make sure to come in with enormous changes at 11:59.
                        I do this every day.

Ad Aged:        Uncanny.

CGHDO:       There’s more. Say it’s 2AM before a new business pitch.
                        It’s my job to make sure the copiers go down.
                        Before every new business pitch.

Ad Aged:        Anything else?

CGHDO:        Like I said before, I always come late to meetings.
                        That way whoever's leading the meeting has to start over and  
                        repeat what they've already said.

Ad Aged:        Our time is up. Thank you for talking today.

CGHDO:        As I said yesterday, thank you. Oh, one more thing...

Ad Aged:         Yes?

CGHDO:          As I said yesterday, thank you. Oh, one more thing...





No comments: