Tuesday, August 11, 2009

T-shirts as economic indicators.

In yesterday's New York Times there was an article about the Italian suitmaker, Brioni (makers of suits that run up to $47,000) in response to our current Depression coming out with a line of t-shirts. Fortunately, those t-shirts will start at a pittance, just $250.

Your can read about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/11/business/global/11brioni.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=brioni&st=cse

I thought about this as I was walking my dog just now and saw this printed on a t-shirt. My guess is it cost far less than $250.

2 comments:

Teenie said...

Where do you wear a $250 t-shirt? A concert? A wedding? When you're cutting the grass?

jeaves said...

Talk about having conversations with your brands? That would be a one sided conversation. I would have nothing to say.