Friday, January 20, 2012

Something I've never been able to do.

It's a new feature of Ad Aged, "Poetry Corner" where we lay down with iambs and meter not just our electricity but our feet. This is by e.e. cummings

let it go – the
smashed word broken
open vow or
the oath cracked length
wise – let it go it
was sworn to
go

let them go – the
truthful liars and
the false fair friends
and the boths and
neithers – you must let them go they
were born
to go

let all go – the
big small middling
tall bigger really
the biggest and all
things – let all go
dear

so comes love

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been following you off and on for a year. Now you've ranted yourself out so it's poetry now? George, time to shut down blog and concentrate on your career ( that last campaign was a stinker even by your impossible standards).

Tore Claesson said...

@ Anon. Well, you don't have to read his blog. Simply refrain from reading it. But it's a little too tempting, or? Afraid of missing a rant? As far as the last TV campaign for Ameriprise I totally agree with you Anon. I'm sure George will be a little disappointed in me for saying so, in his forum. He's a good friend after. But I tend to be honest. I think it is more helpful in the long run. And I always use my name when commenting on blogs. Bloggers reveal their names. They stick their necks out. They are not cowards. Using your real name when commenting is the decent thing to do. If you're afraid of negative repercussions, just be quite.

Tore Claesson said...

good friend (after all), i meant, sorry for being so sloppy with checking my writing.