Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Maybe I won't write.

It's the Wednesday before the American holiday of Thanksgiving and after a long hard year of work I am taking my first day off in a long time. Of course there are a couple things to do for the office that I will do from my living room. And the crush of my burgeoning and lucrative freelance career continues to vise my time.

Thanksgiving is a nice holiday. A time to bring family and friends together and cook and eat and, hopefully, laugh. My kids are home from their respective universities and no matter how often I see them, it's not often enough. They are older now--25 and 21--and it's been a pleasure to see them grow and flourish.

I had read somewhere that a parent's job is to give his kids "roots and wings," and I think I've been successful, so far, in doing that. They are soaring, yet they come home.

With all this going on, having written over 400 posts this year, I thought I'd maybe take the next few days off. Maybe in that I'm away from the office, I'll have nothing to write about.

But writing is what I do. It's who I am.

It's my work. But it's not work for me. It's mental exercise and I love it.

So maybe I won't write the next few days.

But maybe I will.


2 comments:

Bukes said...

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Geo!

Anonymous said...

BypSog [url=http://ukbootshopon.com/]cheap ugg boots[/url] KvlAfu http://ukbootshopon.com/