Thursday, December 20, 2018

Poetry corner.

As this benighted year comes to an end, I don't have a lot of blogging left in me. I will write for the next couple of weeks only sporadically--since the last thing you want when you're away from the office, away from the business and warm in the ample bosom of family and friends, is a visit from me. 

So today, no withering critique of the industry. No lucid prose. Nothing but a bit of bad political doggerel. 
-

A little over ten years ago, I wrote this poem about Ben Bernanke, former chair of the Federal Reserve.

You must admire Ben Bernanke.
His judgment's shrewd, his suits are swanky,
Give him 700 bil or he'll get cranky.
But do not worry, he'll say "thank-ee."


Today, I have this Nashian-ditty on corrupt former Interior secretary, Ryan Zinke.

Ryan Zinke,
Ryan Zinke.
His eyes are beady
His eyes are blinky.
His moral compass
is corrupt and dinky.
In short, you'll find him
Very stinky.

No comments: