Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Only the Dead Know Brooklyn.


"Come for a visit. Stay an Eternity." That's the headline on a direct mail piece I just received from The Green-Wood Cemetery in good old Brooklyn. In the piece, I'm invited to "Become a Part of History." Because Jean-Michel Basquiat, Louis Comfort Tiffany, Leonard Bernstein and 560,000 others are interred there, Green-Wood's tagline is "New York's Historic Cemetery.

The dm piece wasn't bad. I actually went to the site http://www.green-wood.com/ and though it's disconcerting that portions of it are "under construction," it's actually pretty interesting.

I'll say this though, nothing makes you feel like crap like getting direct mail from a cemetery. And as we Jews approach the point in the year when god allegedly decides whether we live or die, it's also a trifle disturbing. Especially since god hasn't responded to my Facebook requests. Bastard.

No comments: