Wednesday, March 6, 2019

I'm a MAKER, goddammit.

You can call yourself a Chief Creative Officer, or an Executive Creative Director, or a Chief Marketing Officer, or a Founder, or a Nattering Nabob for all I care, but you’ve got nothing on me, because those titles pale in comparison to mine. They pale in comparison to who I am.

I’m a MAKER goddammit and I MAKE things. I craft things. I build things. I make products. I design things. I put the I in DIY.

I’m a tinkerer.

A thinkerer.

A my-ideas-don’t-stinkerer.

I go to MAKER Faires, and I’m part of MAKER Cultures, I’m instrumental in the MAKER Movement. I celebrate invention, creativity, curiosity and hands-on hands-on-ness. I not only MAKE things, I empower MAKERS of things because MAKING things is what I do. MAKING is what I MAKE.

You won’t find me at a desk from 9 to 5, goddamnit. That’s for other people. That’s for Chief Executives, and Chief Marketing Officers, and Chief Talent Acquisition Officers, and Chief Compliance Officers, and Chief Risk Officers, but a desk isn’t for me, godammit, I’m a MAKER.

I’m a rule-breaker, a lion’s share taker, a mover, a shaker, a butcher, a baker. I’m a leaf-raker, a martini-shaker, a birthday-caker, a giver-not-a-taker. I’m a MAKER.

I’m part of the MAKER Movement. I foster innovation. I encourage creativity. I build community and I’m all about meaningful forms of personal expression.

I make things.
Small things.
Precious things.
Things few people will ever see, or touch, or use.

I’m a MAKER.

I MAKE THINGS.




-->

No comments: