Saturday, January 12, 2008

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

The above is Latin and it means "Who will guard the guards?" This has popped into my mind because I've been ordered to take a 2-hour Holding Company Mandated "Anti-Harassment" online course.

OK. I understand that the lawyers at Holding Companies need to indemnify the Holding Company. So if I haven't taken the course and fondle young things like a Priest in heat, they are responsible. But if I take the course, they are not. This morning I got another harassing email from HR harassing me to take the course. So, I go through the log-on and I get to the anti-harassment site. Which doesn't load. So I can't take the 2-hour course when I want to, because the company the Holding Company hired to teach me how not to harass (though it never occurred to me to harass anyone) built a crappy, non-functioning site.

2 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

we live in a bloody nanny world where it seems like frivolous lawsuits can earn people a lot of money on the basis that they didn't know the laws.
People today aren't supposed to have any common sense.
And companies are shit scared that laws are not enough.
Thanks to a society where lawsuits have become as common as the occasional cold.

Laura said...

I went through this worthless exercise and the sad part is that they quiz you on the dribble that they say. And worst of all, you must do it in one sitting otherwise you have to go back to the beginning.
Such a waste of time...