Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sorry but I had to do this.


An Arab has spent many days crossing the desert without finding a source of water. It gets so bad that his camel dies of thirst. He's crawling through the sand, certain that he has breathed his last, when all of a sudden he sees a shiny object sticking out of the sand several yards ahead of him. He crawls to the object, pulls is out of the sand, and discovers that he has a Manischevitz wine bottle. It appears that there may be a drop or two left in the bottle, so he unscrews the top and out pops a genie.

But this is no ordinary genie. This genie appears to be a Chasidic Rabbi, complete with black alpaca coat, black hat, side curls, etc. "Well, kid," says the genie. "You know how it works. You have three wishes."

"I'm not going to trust you," said the Arab. "I'm not going to trust a Jewish genie."

"What do you have to lose? It looks like you're a goner anyway." remarked the genie. The Arab thinks about this for a minute, and decides that the genie is right. "Okay, I wish I were in a lush oasis with plentiful food and drink."

POOF! The Arab finds himself in the most beautiful oasis he has ever seen. And he is surrounded with jugs of wine and platters of delicacies.

"Okay, kid, what's your second wish?" asked the genie.

"My second wish is that I were rich beyond my wildest dreams." POOF! The Arab finds himself surrounded by treasure chests filled with rare gold coins and precious gems.

"Okay, kid, you have just one more wish. Better make it a good one." After thinking for a few minutes, the Arab says, "I wish I were white and surrounded by beautiful women." POOF! The Arab is turned into a tampon.

The moral of the story: If you do business with a Jewish genie, there's going to be a string attached.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two blondes are on opposite sides of a river. One blonde yells 'hey, how do I get to the other side? The other blonde replies 'you are on the other side.