Monday, February 21, 2011

A stamp from the past.


I read something online that JWT-Atlanta was going out of business and was ebay-ing off a lot of the relics, furniture and artifacts of its office. I bid $10 for this approval stamp and paid another $5.50 for shipping.

Believe it or not, I have fond memories of these stamps. There was a decorum, ceremony and sense of accomplishment when you signed one. You were getting an ad approved.

Today, I think, we have less ceremony about getting something out of the office and "live." Maybe that's because the volume of online work is so great we don't cherish each piece we produce. Maybe we're all just more jaded today.

In any event, I own this stamp now. And I'm bringing it to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Eric Hyman, JWT, Atlanta, GA said...

George, thanks for buying our stamper; proceeds go to Goodwill of North Georgia. You are right. It is a relic of a past age. However, the Atlanta office of JWT is not a relic, we simply outgrew our old space. As of this morning, we are in a brand new two-story space in the heart of Atlanta’s Buckhead district, perfectly designed for where our business is going. Here is a link to our blog post with some in-progress pics: http://www2.jwt.com/atl/blog/2011/02/09/jwts-3630-build-out-continues/

Thanks again for being part of our auction (and to anyone else who participated) and helping us raise a bit of money for charity.
Our new address: 3630 Peachtree Rd., Atlanta, GA 30326

george tannenbaum said...

Sorry that I was mistaken, Eric. I will correct it in a future post.