Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Manhattan.


Last Sunday I left Manhattan for a few hours to revel in the pleasures of either the Bronx or Brooklyn, I forget which. Today is a perfect pre-Spring day in Manhattan. You can almost hear the horsehide hitting the leather gloves of baseball players. The air smells good and the sun reflecting off the glimmering rats is nearly blinding.

It would be an exaggeration to say I've been all over the world, but I've seen a fair share of it. I always come back to Manhattan. My "isle of joy."

The video above is Ella. And it mentions my place of birth. Good ol' Yonkers, NY.

2 comments:

dave trott said...

Yup,
Ella and/or Gershwin, no other town in the world has theme tunes like that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrPedKkNsh4

george tannenbaum said...

Dave, watching that clip from Woody and George makes me feel so feeble and talentless. It is soaring, excellent and awesome.