Friday, April 17, 2009
I spent the morning thinking about Dante.
That is, I spent some time thinking about who should occupy the lowest ring of Hell.
1. Headhunters who call hot and heavy and then don't call back.
2. People who consistently show up late and never apologize--your time, after all, is unimportant.
3. Look-ists (that's an analogue to racist, sexist, ageist.) People who think you aren't cool because you eschew dressing like all the other cool people or you don't do all the unique and individual things that cool people all do together.
4. Jargon-javelins. The slingers of techno-bs who attempt via circumlocutions to negate the basic truths of powerful communication.
5. Aesthetes. Aespecially aesthetes in aedvertising.
These are my nominees.
I welcome yours.
Posted by george tannenbaum at 9:08 AM