Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The value of advertising agency holding companies.

The holding company for which I work lost over three score and ten million dollars last quarter. But fear not, we still employ a Chief Risk Officer. And from that Chief Risk Officer, I just received an email about Swine Flu.

I've quoted my favorite part of the memo below.

The following methods can reduce your chances of contracting swine flu:

* Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, ideally with a tissue.

Thank you. I never knew that.

3 comments:

jeaves said...

Our CEO's office released a statement today very similar with a long outline on nose blowing etiquette. Of course they added that you should dispose of the tissue after use. I never thought of that. I guess that's why he's the king. Long live the King.

Laura said...

One of the advantages of freelancing is not having to hear from the risk officers, HR people with long titles or CEOs. Freelancers can sneeze all over everyone and just claim we weren't warned.

Teenie said...

Amen for private agencies! A dying breed, but a lovely workplace.

The only holding company of any value was Janis Joplin's.