Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Please pass this along to everyone you know.


I just want to write.
I want to take a complicated client problem and derive a simple solution that has a
positive impact ultimately on sales.

I don't want to do timesheets.
I don't want to go to meetings.
I don't want to deal with the new new new thing which is in the end only an ephemera.
I don't want to deal with backstabbing and undercutting and politics.
Or big egos compensating for small dicks.

I want to be left alone to write.

I think it would be good for business. Your business.
But maybe my desire is as out-dated as the machine in the picture above.

--
TEN MINUTES LATER:

I just saw an article in the online New York Times on the 50th Anniversary of "Elements of Style," the guide to writing well. I found this mid-way through the piece.

“If you have any young friends who aspire to become writers,” Dorothy Parker once wrote, “the second-greatest favor you can do them is to present them with copies of ‘The Elements of Style.’ The first-greatest, of course, is to shoot them now, while they’re happy.”

6 comments:

Teenie said...

Ah, Geo. You make my heart flutter.

george tannenbaum said...

Arrhythmia?

Unknown said...

That Dorothy Parker comment is too long to Tweet. Whatever shall I do?

george tannenbaum said...

Oh, Heavens to Betsy. That is a tragedy.

Teenie said...

I think it may have been morning sickness.

Tore Claesson said...

I wish i was shot in art school