Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tyranny of timesheets. Continued.

Over the last 48 hours I felt, as an ex-ecd of mine used to exclaim, "fucked with an iron rod."

I've had a single positioning line to write and no time to do it. So, for much of the last two days I've been turning this over in my head and coming up with nothing but blanks.

Blank.
Blank.
Blank.

This morning walking early to the subway I finally had an idea. I ran through every permutation to kill it and couldn't, shared it with my colleague via IM at 8:30 and now we are moving ahead.

How do you put that on a fucking timesheet Mr. C fucking FO?

3 comments:

Teenie said...

Ah, got to love 3 days' worth of nonsense scribbled in a notebook. I find the more doodles are on the page, the less cooperative my brain was that day.

And timesheets...ugh.

Ring! Ring!

Hello?

This is Drab form accounting. You forgot to put project X under retainer.

Eh?

Project X goes under retainer. Please do your sheet again and resubmit.

But I'm in the middle of--

You should know it's a retainer.

How would I know that?

It's your job to ask.

Eh? If it's not on the brief...

Please do over and resubmit before noon.

Well, I'll try--

DIAL TONE.

Happens at least once a week.

george tannenbaum said...

The George Parker School of Blog Writing.

Moda di Magno said...

I don't know how you put that on your timesheet, but please submit by 5pm. Unless it is month end or quarter close, and then you must submit by 4pm.

That old saw.