Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Smart work, well executed.


I was watching TV a few weeks ago--I confess, it was "The Hitler Channel," one of those stations at the dusky end of the "dial" that caters to the esoteric, obscure and the downright strange. Usually the commercials on such channels suck. They're for cleaning solutions that wipe out mold and mildew like republicans eviscerating the middle class.

But I saw the ad above for "Ballroom Jeans" and was enchanted. I googled Duluth Trading and found a couple more pretty wonderful little commercials.

I've never heard of the agency that created these small pitch perfect masterpieces. Google, again, tells me they're produced by Planet Propaganda out of quaint old Madison, WI.

It doesn't matter from whence it comes. This is nice work.

2 comments:

Ben Hirby said...

Hey thanks for the shout-out. If you're ever in our quaint neck of the woods, look us up!

george tannenbaum said...

Ben,

Actually, my sister was a Bucky Badger and my brother and sister-in-law are UW-Madison law school grads.

Keep up the good work.

Sincerely,

g