Friday, April 12, 2013

The disappearing cup of coffee.

It used to be coffee was just coffee.

Now it's a twelve step program.

You have to state your size.

Your type of steamed milk.

Your shots.

And who knows what else.

(BTW, I drink coffee black.)

People don't pour coffee anymore.

They're Baristas.

Coffee isn't for amateurs.

It's been professionalized.

Fetishized.

Bureaucraticized.

Much the same as our business.

We strategize until it's coming out our ears.

We have created a language of inaction and overthink.

We blather on about utility and technology, forgetting that what most people want most of the time is to be treated, simply and honestly, with warmth and caring.

We have complicated and professionalized our business and along the way have forgotten our business's purpose. Which is to impart useful consumer information in an executionally brilliant way.

I'm tired of hearing about apps and apis.

I just want a good cup of joe.

4 comments:

Urban dictionary said...

This is so interesting but true. Btw i also like black coffee.

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a French press..millions use it around the world.

Anonymous said...

hi!,I love your writing so much! proportion we keep in touch extra approximately your post on AOL?
I require an expert in this area to solve my problem.

Maybe that's you! Taking a look forward to peer you.

Visit my website: clixsense

Anonymous said...

Hello there! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your posts.
Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that deal with the same topics?
Appreciate it!

My webpage cheap mac makeup