Monday, June 27, 2011

I "like" my Gastroenterologist.


I don't know if you've ever had a colonoscopy. It's something you're subjected to around the time you turn 50 or if you have a family history of colon cancer. All told, it's not the most pleasant procedure in the world. At some juncture you may feel like you're all alone in the world, save for a long, pliable tube with a micro-camera at one end.

I need to make an appointment for a colonoscopy, so I searched online for my Gastroenterologist's phone number. The first thing I saw, after getting his phone number is that a site called Citysearch was offering me the chance to "like" Dr. Schmerin on Facebook.

I like Dr. Schemerin, the little I've seen of him. And I'm proud to tell the world all about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But are you an advocate?

peggy said...

i never had one, but i heard the amounts of not quite tasty liquid one has to drink for preparation is the worst part.