Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I think I'm done.

It happens every once in a while. It happens at work. It happens at home. It happens with my kids. It happens.

It happens that I feel used up. That I have been working so relentlessly for so long with such little return that I feel like throwing in the towel.

It happens. Or, I should say, it's happening.

I feel my abilities are a low grade fever.
My jokes aren't as funny.
I feel more than my usual sense of remove from the world around me.
I care less than usual.

It could be a visit from my companion, the black dog.
It could be any number of things.
It happens.

Sorry for the shitty posts lately.
It happens.

6 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

You have nothing to be sorry for. Your blogs are wonderful. Actually, it's a rather rare thing to find any blog, or any book, or any play, or any article, or any poem even, that is so naked, so personal, so immediate, as your writing. You let people very close to you by sharing your blues, and your thoughts, and your jokes as it all comes to you. Thank you George. Keep sharing and don't let some occasional juvenile comments discourage you.

Mark Wanczak said...

George,

Your blog is the first I read each day. Your tone appropriately kicks off the next 10-12 hours of my day online. I'll pop in again tomorrow morning, and the morning after that with the same anticipation of your wisdom for younger writers.

Keep up the good work (it is good, you know). Don't let a few off days drag you down.

Mark

peggy said...

not sure if that will make you think differently, but i agree with tore and mark.

Anonymous said...

You're human first. Forget the excuses, people have previously posted. You're not a robot. You have ups and downs. Maybe you're bored. Maybe you're burnt out. Only you know. Stroking your head and offering a verbal lollipop won't change a thing. You're either ready for something new or just need a day off. No one knows but you.

Personally, I think you're trapped in a job/organization/client that doesn't inspire you.

But that's me, not you. Only you know.

Red Red said...

No apologies necessary. I almost always enjoy and come away with something from your posts. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and for your generosity.

Sean Peake said...

George, don't make me come down there!
My advice is to call a close friend, grab some chairs and head up to the roof and share a bottle of 18 year-old Macallan