Monday, October 29, 2007

Introducing the "Worsties."


Ad Aged has invented a new advertising award. One that, despite the proliferation of self-congratulation that infects this industry, hasn't yet surfaced. The award is called the "Worstie." And, dear reader, with your help, I will announce the inaugural winner in about a week. Here are my nominees:

1. Interactive agencies that have web-sites less well designed than those normally done by local pizza places or small municipalities in Croatia.
2. Creative Directors who can neither create nor direct, but instead are expert pontificators.
3. Actors who arch one eyebrow for comic effect--the extent of their repertoire.
4. Spokes-apples.
5. Agencies that post bios of their top people but don't include creatives.
6. Other (your nominees.)

3 comments:

neishatweed said...

in portfolio school we had a quarterly awards show called the Baddies.

My vote is for #2. Creative Directors who are neither creative, directors or ever around.

george tannenbaum said...

I'm with you on #2. But I might vote twice (how Republican of me!) and vote for #1 also.

yendis said...

Let's not forget the other scary beast. The "creative
dictator"