Sunday, October 28, 2007

Steal a base, get a taco.


Taco Bell, the company running and running and running one of the most god-awful commercials I've ever seen during the baseball post-season (something about an older brother teaching his younger brother his rules of life) ran a promotion during yesterday's game. It had a fairly simple proposition. If someone stole a base, all of America was eligible to get a free taco at Taco Bell during certain hours on a certain date. Read all about it here: http://adage.com/article?article_id=121563

Ad Aged felt the promotion was a little crass. It seemed to have crossed a line between what I always believed should be objective reporting and what is commercial shilling. Frankly, not that I'd ever eat at Taco Bell, but it turned me off to the chain even more.

Finally, since Taco Bell linked a taco giveaway to running the bases, I couldn't help but make this connection: Taco Bell gives you the runs.

No comments: