Sunday, October 21, 2007

More dumbness from Chevrolet.


My neighborhood in New York has been inundated with outdoor ads for the "New Chevy Malibu." The ad shows a picture of the car and ghosted images of handprints (as if people are trying to get at it) and the headline, "The Car You Can't Ignore." I've also seen commercials. One in which a female jogger jogs right into a car that presumably isn't a Chevy Malibu and then the voiceover says, "soon there will be a car you can't ignore." I'm too dumb to get it. My guess is people will ignore the new Malibu--especially in New York where the Chevy brand itself is irrelevant. People will ignore because Chevy has done nothing to spiritually resuscitate their brand. And as a brand, they still lie. They are spending a fortune trumpeting their progress on an electric car and a hydrogen car. Yep. And I have a bridge I'd like to sell you.

I hate Chevy's advertising. It's arrogant, artless, unoriginal and insulting. It makes me hate Chevrolets even more than I previously had.

No comments: