Friday, April 8, 2011

A "moderne" one-acter.

WE OPEN ON A ALLUVIAL PLAIN IN WHAT IS NOW LOS ANGELES. THE SCENE IS LUSH, CROWDED WITH PLANT AND ANIMAL LIFE. A PTERODACTYL SOARS BY AS THE CAMERA CLOSES IN ON TWO APATOSAURUSES, NORM AND FRED. FRED IS WALKING TOWARD A BUBBLING POOL OF MOLTEN TAR.

NORM: Hey, Fred, whatcha' doin'?
FRED: Gonna take a swim in the tar-pit, Norm.
NORM: I'm not sure I'd do that Freddy Boy, it looks kinda sticky in there.
FRED: I think it looks quite blithe and ambient. I think a nice dip is just what the doctorsaurus ordered.
NORM: It smells like tar, Freddy. I'd stay away.
FRED: You're the one who's acting like a stick in the mud, Norm. C'mon in with me.
FRED WADES IN THE TAR PIT. HE BECOMES STUCK
FRED: Hey, Norm, gimme a hand--or a hoof, or a paw here. I seem to be stuck.
THE CURTAIN DROPS TO THE PLEADING OF FRED.

2 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

sounds like you had a great day yesterday.

george tannenbaum said...

As they say in the hotdog factory, "You may already be a wiener."