Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I'm gloomy. So sue me.

As a child of the 60s, I grew up with the spirit of rebellion coursing through my blood. Question Authority was Timothy Leary's credo and my whole generation subscribed to the dicta, "Don't trust anyone over 30."

Of all the changes I've seen in my life, the biggest change is we have lost our sense of rebellion, of outrage, of anger. 

Whether it's the stealing of our identities by the Privacy for Profits Plutocrats, the despoiling of our planet by coal-companies, the petro-chemical industry and the Trumpublican party, or the anti-labor agenda of the Koch Brothers-John Birch-Taft-Hartley radical right, not to the mention wage-and security depressing oligarchs who control nearly every industry including our own, you no longer have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. You have only a world where you pay taxes, abandon privacy and die early and in debt.

We accept all these assaults on ourselves and on humanity with the dull complacence of a tall man in a middle-seat on a coast-to-coast flight. It hurts, but what can you do.

Mourning Sedition, a new, sporadic feature of this humble blog will encourage you to speak up, to call bullshit, to assert your humanness against the prevailing kakistocracy, who regard you and treat you as their modern-day serfs.

It will probably accomplish absolutely nothing except maybe two things.

1. It will further cement my status as vox clamantis in deserto.

2. Maybe it will get you to look up the Latin above. Or at least the word sedition.


No comments: