Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Presidential Mastde-bate.


Oy vey iz mir.

I watched the debate last night. I would have learned more debating the virtues of Maryann v. the Movie Star, Betty v. Veronica or Lassie v. Flipper.

Both of these blandidates are inspecting, recalling and defending decisions reputedly made in years gone by to the absolute addle-patedness of viewers.

I think either candidate could gallop ahead in a landslide (or, more appropriately a mudslide) if instead of focusing on the demise of Smoot-Hawley tarrif or some other legislative arcana, they focused instead wholly and completely on America, the brand.

Look what they've done to our brand, ma.

How do you, Sen. McCain think of America? Obama? What does America mean? Where does our brand stand today? How do we get our brand back?

At my agency I have banned all post-mortems because post-mortems look back in time. Instead I have instituted LANS meetings. Learning And Next Steps. Where is our work taking our clients' brands and ours?

I'd like to know the candidates' LANS.

I'd also like to know Sarah Palin's IQ but I've misplaced my magnifying glass.

No comments: