Monday, April 26, 2010

10 more things I hate.

1. I hate people who can't get in in the morning. There is no creativity chemical that makes it impossible to get in before 9:30.
2. I hate people who can't or won't show up on time for meetings.
3. I hate meetings.
4. I hate people who tell you how late they worked the night before as if they justifies the current day's shoddiness.
5. I hate writers who can't spell and who punctuate badly. Let's eat grandma means something different than Let's eat, grandma.
6. I hate decks.
7. I hate the word "bucket," as in "we put people into buckets." Not only is bucket an ugly sounding word, it is not as good a word as categorize or sort.
8. I hate people who spend a great deal of time talking about their weekends.
9. I hate people who say "this is a short week." All weeks are the same length.
10. I hate people who talk about other people. There is enough to hate in life today without gossiping.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate adpeople.

Anonymous said...

I hate when people who say,

"It is what it is."

"Let's just make it work."

"Bang it out."

I hate agency managers who use fear tactics with their teams because they are so short sited & moronic.

I hate people who have dinosaur mentalities that think you have to be IN the office AT your desk in order to be productive.

I hate the same old dinosaurs who do nothing but watch youtube at their desks all day and call themselves productive because they arrived at 7am and dont leave until well after their kids are in bed for the night.

But what I hate most of all is people who use BOLD RED FONT often underlined with italics in order to EMPHASIZE urgency.

Kelly said...

George,

5. Yes, yes! If you haven't read Lynn Truss' books, do. You'll laugh and cry (and you'll never again wonder if you're the only one).

Hm. Me... I hate the word "proactive." Never is.

I hate seeing "FYI" attached to a document—it's too often code for "so I can get it off my desk."

And the term "double-check," which rarely means anything but plain ol' single-check.

Mostly, I love your posts about what you hate.

Regards,

Kelly

Kelly said...

George,

5. Yes, yes! If you haven't read Lynn Truss' books, do. You'll laugh and cry (and you'll never again wonder if you're the only one).

Hm. Me... I hate the word "proactive." Never is.

I hate seeing "FYI" attached to a document—it's too often code for "so I can get it off my desk."

And the term "double-check," which rarely means anything but plain ol' single-check.

Mostly, I love your posts about what you hate.

Regards,

Kelly

Kelly said...

Oooops. Blogger doesn't seem to like me lately. Sorry about posting twice.

And then posting a third time to say sorry.

:)