Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Mother Teresa melded with Naomi Watts.



She had the compassion and the empathy of Mother Teresa.
The looks, I'm sure, of Naomi Watts.

My Kindle appeared to have died. I was panicked. It didn't turn on and didn't seem to be charging. Was it $400 down the tubes? Or two hours on hold down the tubes?

I went to "manage my kindle" and typed my phone number in a "field" that said something like "call me." Within 10 seconds--yes, 10 seconds of typing my number--I got a call back from a sales rep based in eastern Washington .

Bailey was her name.
Bailey. Bailey. A name like music.
Her long, blonde hair shimmered in the light of the phone center.
Her silk smooth legs stretched out before her.
She kicked off her heels as we spoke.
A smile danced on her lips.
Her bosom heaved.
Her bodice was strategically rent!

I am here for you, Geo...
She didn't chastise me for not having read the manual.
She just told me that the kindle doesn't charge via USB.
It would be ok when I had my power-source plugged in.
Is there anything else I can help you with.
Is. There. Anything. Else. I. Can. Help. You. With.
Bailey. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My kindle re-kindler.

Is. There. Anything. Else. I. Can. Help. You. With.
Yes.
And she did.
That's the way it works.

We said goodbye.
So, we parted.
F
o
r
l
o
r
n
.
I will miss her.

1 comment:

Tore Claesson said...

Poetic. Amazingly inspiring.
About one of the most mundane things, and mostly one of the dumbest, in modern life.
Odé to a call center.