Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Creativity Magazine.


I get in the mail, for free, mind you, Advertising Age's "Creativity" magazine, also known as the liturgy of the Church of Bogusky.

I find magazines like this masturbatory. New permutations of the trend du jour. Seldom do I find anything that leads me to remark "that's a smart idea." Instead, a lot of visual puns.

Now here is today's question: How is it possible that the game "Scrabble" inspires so many brilliant spread ads in countries around the world? It seems that Neil French practically made a career of doing Scrabble ads and in this issue of "Creativity" there's another. (And not event a very good ad if you ask me.) How is it that a board game seems to have a bigger ad budget than virtually any other advertiser? How is it that they run only spreads?

Dear Award Show Judges and Hagiographic Magazine Editors: Please don't print ads or give accolades to ads that haven't actually run. Thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The content you have provided is pretty interesting and useful and I will surely take note of the point you have made in the blog.

While I was browsing the Internet for ways to boost my website exposure, I read about how effective offline media is for getting additional exposure. Since online media advertising has become so competitive, I thought I will complement the online marketing efforts of my products with offline media advertising like newspaper and magazine advertising. This can be the best way to get a wider coverage for a website and draw additional traffic. I think it is a great marketing strategy to use both online and offline advertising to get more customers.

I thought this information might be useful for anyone looking for solutions to get me-ore traffic to their website.