Monday, November 26, 2007

I don't understand this at all.


I have just started a new job. Ostensibly I am a big cheese, with a good (for advertising) salary and a title that my mother would be proud of if she weren't such a bitter and narcissistic termagant.

So answer this for me. Why is it nearly impossible to get a $79 printer for my office and a $29 desk lamp? And why have they instead regarded it as important to put a 12 fl. oz. bottle of Purell Instant Hand Sanitizer with Moisturizers and Vitamin E on my desk.

Did someone tell HR that my hands are dirty? Do they not like us using the washrooms to wash in?

And here's something else troubling me. Why do they call businesses firms, or the firm? I've looked around a fair bit and no one here seems particularly firm except for a secretary or two and the anti-harassment policy says I'm not allowed to notice that. If this were my firm, I'd call it a flaccid or a saggy. There's truth in advertising for ya.

1 comment:

Tore Claesson said...

It's also amazing that most ad agencies also run old generation version of most software. Especially the software art directors and designers use. Whereas as a freelancer you're always supposed to be up-to-date to stay competetive. And the machines they give you to work on are inevitebly older and lousier and less powerful than the ones you get for your kids to play games on and do their school work on.
This industry has become rather penny wise and pound foolish. No doubt.