Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Cliche alert.


Over the last couple of days an old cliche has been sweeping the nation like wildflowers. I really have a beer in my bonnet about cliches. They make my blood spoil. I wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole, or a ten foot Yugoslavian.

The cliche is: "_________-ing the world, one _____________at a time."

I saw it for a soda--"Saving the earth, one bottle at a time."
I saw it for shrimp seasoning--"saving your dinner, one shrimp at a time."
From a New York Times article on windmills: "Rebuilding a Dutch tradition, one windmill at a time."

Ad Aged: "Ridding the world of cliches, one post at a time."

3 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

Count on being busy for the next two hundred year.

Unknown said...

Is tired old cliche....one?

george tannenbaum said...

You bet your sweet bippy.