Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Pressing the button.

The best thing about writing a blog as assiduously as I write this one, is that you get used to "pressing the send button." By that I mean, I have put upon myself the pressure to write every day and, more often than not, post early in the morning.

I write what comes out of my head and is transmitted to my fingers. I don't spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to write, or planning what I'm going to write, or writing ahead of time.

I've got about 30-minutes-a-day allocated to this space. I do what I can in that time.

So, when my time is up, when other demands become pressing, I press the publish button. I post what I've done.

Too many people--and unlike agency holding companies I count writers as people--perseverate over what they're doing. They think and think and think and fret and fret and fret and re-do and re-do and re-do hoping to get things perfect.

For better or worse, I'm not like that.

I write.

I do what I think is good.

And then I press the button.

No comments: