Monday, July 16, 2018

Nobody asked me but....Post Bastille Day Edition.

Nobody asked me but...is my period homage to the great New York sportswriter Jimmy Cannon. He'd write one of these when he could find nothing to write about.

Nobody asked me but....

...When you see little kids selling lemonade on the corner you should always buy at least one cup and leave them the change. It's the decent thing to do....

...I bet Donald Trump never bought a glass of lemonade from a kid...


...I don't trust anyone who declares something is "broken." It seems a melodramatic way of saying something can be improved....

...In fact, if everything that people have declared broken were really broken, we'd have nothing left....


....My guess is Cicero declared Rome broken in about 30BC and the empire lasted another 500 years or so....

....No one knows who Ogden Nash is anymore, though I grew up reading him, and on occasion miss him....


-->

....The turtle lives 'twixt plated decks 
Which practically conceal its sex. 
I think it clever of the turtle 
In such a fix to be so fertile....

....It ain't Shakespeare, but 50 years later it still makes me smile...

....One hour on the beach undoes one-day in the office....

....If you want to drive a nice road in the New York City area, try the Sprain Brook Parkway on a cloudy Sunday.....

....Though I'm not crazy about the name. It sounds painful...

...Whatever you do, stay off of the New England Thruway.....

....Next to the Long Island Expressway, it's a great place to be killed...

....As bad as Trump is, imagine this: President Ted Cruz....

...Speaking of which, why do people take an instant dislike to Ted Cruz? It just saves time....










-->

No comments: