Friday, June 10, 2022

Dude!


Cannes is almost upon us. And like you, I'm getting a thousand emails a day like the one below. All of them from people I don't know and never met.

--

Dude!

Long time, no see.

Or as we say in the agency business, long time, nausea.

So, let me cut right to the cheese and let the cat out of the bag. (The only thing better than a mixed drink is a mixed metaphor.)

It's been too long since we worked together and I'm itching to do it again. Soon.

I'd love to show you our new reel and what we're up to at Rabid Ocelot. Great things! Good times.

We have a new crew of heavily unshaven directors who speak virtually no English and for whom telling a linear story is an absolute anathema.

(Did I just say 'anathema'? Too much SAT studying in my past. HAHA.)

So, will I see you at Cannes?

We're having a great party the evening of the 21st and I really do hope to see you there. I've already signed up for oodles of great content and it would be a great opportunity for us to connect--like in real life, not over Zoom--if you're going to be around. 

Let me know if you'll be there or square. 

It would be great to strategize on working together...this year!

And if you aren't going, I'll be drinking a glass of Rosé in your honor. (Or your dishonor. Whichever comes second.)

Cheers!


No comments: