Friday, August 23, 2019

Five Minutes with our CGFO.


Transparency.


ADAGED:
So you’re the agency’s new CGFO. I’ve been around the block a few times and that’s a new title on me. Tell me, what does that stand for?

CGFO:
That’s a very good question. And I thank you for asking it. I can tell you’re quite a special person.

ADAGED:
Well, thank you. But tell me about your title. What does it stand for?

CGFO:
Again, that is a lovely set of questions. Thank you for giving me this unique and special opportunity to ignore you completely.

ADAGED:
I see. This is beginning to come into focus. I can’t put my finger on it but CGFO stands for…

CGFO:
Chief Grin Fuck Officer. I smile while I ignore and disparage people. I stab people in the back while I shake their hands.

ADAGED:
How au courant. So, you’re professionally insincere.

CGFO:
That’s one way of putting it. But grin-fucking is so much more sophisticated than mere insincerity. It’s insincerity honed to a very fine point.

ADAGED:
So your insincerity is…

CGFO:
Exactly. My insincerity is very sincere. I promise things I don’t deliver. I praise people then attack them behind their backs. I liele.

ADAGED:
Liele?

CGFO:
Lie and smile simultaneously. It’s an art.

ADAGED:
Well, thank you, I think, for your time today.

CGFO:
And thank you for your questions. They were both wise and idiotic.






No comments: