Monday, December 22, 2008

Another client meeting.


I pulled the foam-core back from across the table and removed larger "level-setting" boards from the shelf that ringed my client's conference room. Slowly, methodically I began bagging the boards in the beat-up vinyl portfolio case.

"We were looking for something fiscally responsible but a little edgier," said one client,trying to sooth my feelings.

"We wanted the envelope pushed, but not pushed so far that you pushed it out of the box," said another.

"Edgy, yes," said the senior client in the room, "Edgy, but with rounded corners."

Slowly, surreptitiously I reached down below the conference room table, as if I were putting something into my bag. I removed my left Prada, popped up like Jack-in-the-box and threw it at the client. Stunned and startled I did the same with my other size-16 before the CMO came into the room and I was sent, shoe-less, to copywriter Guantanamo.

3 comments:

Tore Claesson said...

edgy with rounded corners....brilliant

Anonymous said...

Did you get him?

george tannenbaum said...

Leave no clod un-shod.

That's my motto.